What Information Do Profile.Online Receives
In the course of operating the site, Profile.Online will receive the following types of information. You authorize us to receive such information from you.
1. Personal Information
Profile.Online may obtain, collect, retain, store or otherwise maintain your Personal Information from the following sources:
Your Profile.Online Account:
This information may include, for example, information you provide to Profile.Online through your registration and maintenance of a user account on the site (“Registration Information”).
Other Information You Provide to Profile.Online:
Some of the services allow or require you to provide Personal Information, such as your place of work, insurance information, emergency contact information, and related information.
Some of the services allow you to interact with professionals through the site. These interactive services include contacting professionals. To provide you with these interactive services, Profile.Online may ask you to provide Personal Information (such as the reasons for contacting the professional). You understand and agree that Profile.Online may use and/or disclose such Personal Information to the professional that you have selected in connection with providing you with the requested interactive Services.
Your Responses to Communications from Profile.Online:
From time to time, Profile.Online may communicate with you through email, telephone, or other forms of electronic communications regarding Your Profile.Online account on the site, inquiries you may make to Profile.Online customer service, the services, and new services. If you respond to such communications, your responses may also include Personal Information.
You can choose to decline providing your Personal Information to Profile.Online by not engaging in the activities described above, such as by not registering or creating a Profile.Online account on the site or by not using the services. If you decline to submit Personal Information, Profile.Online may not be able to or may choose not to provide to you some or all of its services. Hence, you can determine to a large extent what Personal Information you wish to share with Profile.Online.
2. Other Information
Aside from the Personal Information, Profile.Online may receive additional Information (the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include the following:
From Your Activity on the Site:
Profile.Online also collects non-personally identifiable server-log information relating to its Users. This information may include (i) Your Profile.Online account activity, including storage usage, number of log-ins, data displayed or selected, including user interface elements, links, etc, and (ii) Your web or mobile application request, IP address, the location of your computer (via the IP address), browser type, browser language, computer or mobile device type, the date and time of your access, date and time of request, and more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and referrer URL. None of this information alone enables Profile.Online to personally identify or contact you.
How We Use and Share the Information
Providing the site and the services to you, including but not limited to, the processing, formatting and displaying of your Information, customized content and the delivery of personalized services to you;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to troubleshoot, maintain, protect and improve the services and the site;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of Profile.Online’s network and the site, including creating and maintaining backups or other archival copies of Personal Information and other related data;
- Developing and offering the services, which may include the use of your Information by Profile.Online in line with developing and delivering to you the services such as awards, newsletters regarding specific certain professions or professionals), which the services may be supported by third-party advertising, etc. Profile.Online will communicate about these services to you through email, telephone, text message, or other forms of electronic communications;
- To personalize your Search Experience on the site;
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below:
- Profile.Online may disclose your Registration Information to certain third parties in line with the various programs, tools and services that are provided via the site. Your Registration Information may also be provided to third-party advertisers and retailers, and their affiliates, to offer goods and services that they believe you may be interested in.
- Profile.Online may share your Information with employees, contractors and agents of Profile.Online who need to know such Information for performing their duties regarding the purposes outlined in this policy. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Profile.Online may employ third parties to perform services on its behalf. Examples may include services to improve our site, marketing, advertising, and promotional efforts. These third parties will have access to your Information only as necessary to perform their services, and they may not use your Information for any other purpose.
- Profile.Online may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As Profile.Online develops its businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, reorganization, merger, sale of assets, dissolution, or related event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Profile.Online may disclose your Information, including Personal Information, to government authorities, and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at our sole discretion, or otherwise as required by law, including to in response to court orders and subpoenas. Profile.Online also may disclose your Information when we have reason to believe that someone is or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other Users of the site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
We take reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Information, including Personal Information stored or maintained on our servers and other systems. These measures include internal reviews of Profile.Online’s data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to servers and systems where Profile.Online stores personal data.
Nevertheless, no means of transmission over the internet or means of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, Profile.Online cannot guaranty the total security of your Information, including Personal Information.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
1. Information You Provide When Registering For a Profile.Online Account
You may change or update the email address and password that you provided when you registered for your Profile.Online account via the “settings” or “account settings” section of such account. You may terminate your Profile.Online account by sending an email with your account termination request to use.
2. Information You Store or Access When Using the Services
When you use the Services, Profile.Online makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information. You may organize or delete or change certain of the information that is entered or uploaded into your Profile.Online account (such as address, emergency contact information, professional information and related information, and your photograph, etc) via the section of your account where the information is located. Where applicable, Profile.Online asks individual Users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and Profile.Online may refuse to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, dmeand excessive technical effort, endanger the privacy of others, or would be very impractical (for example, requests on information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise needed. In any case, where Profile.Online provides information access and correction, Profile.Online provides this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. If you have any questions or want more information about accessing or updating Your Personal Information, please contact us.
All deletions, changes, or updates that you make to your Personal Information and account termination requests will take effect after Profile.Online receives and processes your email termination request. Except for deleted information that was stored exclusively on your mobile device, residual copies of the deleted information, may remain in perpetuity in backup systems.